Racing Victoria (RV) is one of Australia’s leading sporting organisations. We are the independent governing body of thoroughbred racing in Victoria and our purpose is to develop, promote and grow the sport of the racing in Victoria.
Racing Victoria’s globally celebrated Spring & Autumn carnivals hold a special place in the hearts of Victorians, and are centrepieces in Australia’s sporting and social calendars. It’s appeal and reach as a premier sporting event is being further broadened through the online and digital media channels and products offered by our partner, Racing.com
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Technology team is looking for a JAVA Developer to design, develop and enhance two of our iconic consumer products, “Best Bets” https://www.bestbets.com/web/ and “Winning Post” http://www.winningpost.com.au/wp/ There will also be ample opportunity to collaborate on other Racing Victoria IT applications and technical products.
The role assumes ownership for the end-to-end development and maintenance of the Best Bets and Winning Post Editorial Systems, web sites and related databases. This will include coding, specification, design, development, testing and implementation. As the Best Bets and Winning Post SME, you will champion and build enhancements whilst also working on a mix of other diverse software development projects.
Tertiary qualified in Computer Science or a related field, you have extensive understanding and experience in web application architecture, object oriented software and design patterns. As a JAVA expert, you will also have: -
- Sound skills and experience with the following technologies: -
- J2EE, JSPs and XML, React
- Tomcat version 8.
- Database mapping technology framework – Hibernate preferred.
- Unit testing framework using JUnit.
- Automated build tools such as ANT or Maven.
- Eclipse IDE.
- MVC web applications frameworks using Spring.
- Designing, developing and implementing MS SQL Server databases 2014+
- Proven experience with: -
- Sitecore (version 8.2 preferred).
- Asp.net and C#
- Experience that would be an advantage: -
- Oracle 11g
- Development using Python
You take great pride in delivering high quality outcomes, are solutions focussed, and have previous experience working with stakeholders to understand business needs and collaborating to achieve agreed outcomes.
You are passionate about what you do and enjoy contributing ideas, new approaches, tooling and practices. Highly confident, an effective communicator and enjoy variety in your work.
WHAT's ON OFFER
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation
- Attractive and market competitive remuneration package
- Industry ticketing to race meetings every day of the year
- On-site and employer subsidised cafe, and free on-site car parking
- Genuine work/life balance with flexible work practices and a collegiate, supportive team
- Support with professional and leadership development, including gender focused mentoring programs
- A convenient location well-accessed by public transport, both by train and tram
Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button or visit our https://rv.racing.com/careers-and-education/positions-vacant and upload your resume and cover letter there.
Submit your Application by no later than mid-night, 30 January 2018.
Contact us with any queries via firstname.lastname@example.org.